Yes you read it right you can get awesome chocolates delivered to your door. I was approached by Planet Chocolat, a Belgium artisan chocolaterie base in the heart of Brussel. When I was ask to try their chocolate and service I could not turn it down…who doesn’t like chocolate.
First off the delivery is fast, I received my chocolates in a matter of days. They have quite a selection on their website and have choices for all taste. The presentation and packaging is also very detailed. I received my order in a velvet bag containing my box of chocolate.
The box I received was the “A JOURNEY THROUGH THE WORLD OF FLAVORS” and contain these chocolates
- Uganda (80%): strong cocoa with a subtle roasted aroma
- Ecuador (71%): the soft flavours of banana with a fresh, floral hint
- Papua New Guinea (64%): chocolate with a very pronounced tobacco flavour and mushroom-like notes
- Peru (64%): dark, bitter chocolate with a fruity hint
- Costa Rica (64%): the fineness of bitter cocoa punctuated with smoky, woody flavours and with hints of flowers
- Vanuatu (44%): mellow and creamy flavoured milk chocolate with hints of liquorice and cinnamon
- Venezuela (43%): milk chocolate enriched with the flavours of hazelnut, almond and vanilla caramel
- Grenada (44%): mellow and fruity chocolate (grapefruit and liquorice)
- Congo (58%) : chocolate fondant with creamy notes of coffee, tempered by a gentle touch of raisins.
These were pure chocolate but there was also the following which you could use to combined with different flavours from the four corners of the world.
- Black pepper: a spicy taste
- Caramel: a soft, sweet taste
- Kumquat: an acidic, lightly-bitter taste
- Fine mocha: a taste reminiscent of mocha coffee
- Cinnamon: a powerful taste
- Candied violets: a fresh, spring-like taste
- Thyme: a lightly spiced and bitter taste
- Mint caramel: a taste of intense freshness
- Coca beans: a crispy taste
The design on the chocolate works perfectly with the chart included in the box so you really know what you are tasting. Those chocolates were all very good, I have to say that my favorite were the Uganda and Costa Rica in the pure chocolate and the Black Pepper and Thyme in the flavored ones.
If you are a fan of chocolate or if you are looking for a gift idea follow the links below to find out how to get your chocolates
If you are anywhere else in the world you can always visit their : Global Delivery page
BY SEBASTIEN ROBILLARD